April 12, 2018
TAL Online has been enhanced to include the following features:
- A My Public Library ILL Account
- Curated Reading Lists
- Checkout Basket
- User limits for allowed items requested from TAL Online
- Map integration displaying where items are held in Alberta
- Improved item linking back to home library catalogues
You can find out more about about these features here: April 2018, TAL Online Features
September 13, 2016
TAL Online has added filter for languages. Users are now able to filter their search results based on the language the item is cataloged as having.
August 29, 2016
TAL Online is experiencing an issue that is making it difficult for public library users to request items through TAL Online. We are currently looking into this and will update when we have more more information.
Update: The issue has been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.
August 11, 2016
Some updates to TAL Online are being rolled out to help improve the user experience:
- Item double check to let users know if an item they are requesting is held at their home library
- Ability to search multiple isbns at once
- Libraries from the TRAC Library Consortium will be now visible
- Ability to scope searches by either Academic or Public libraries
- MyILL page has been updated to improve readability
June 29, 2016
Some users are reporting that TAL Online is being unresponsive after leaving their browser idle for too long. If this happens, please close your browser and relaunch talonline.ca. We believe this is an issue related to sessions timing out with the search API and are looking into resolving this issue.
June 27, 2016
Welcome to the new TAL Online.
The previous WorldCat based TAL Online will is available at talonline.worldcat.org. It will continue to be operational until July 1st, 2016.
Please note that due to how the new TAL Online is configured, we are unable to display the holding locations for libraries that are members of the TRAC Library Consortia. TAL Online is still displaying items held at these libraries though and they are availble to be requested by library users.
For any questions regarding the new TAL Online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 23, 2016
There is a new printable guide on how to request items from TAL Online which is available here: